Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Streak

What were you expecting, Ray Stevens?


Well, here's that streak I was talking about. Now this film was Verichrome Pan from the 70s, and I used some ratty looking Diafine (5+5) on it. It almost looks like a drip down the side of the film. Now this was developed in an old FR tank, so there was no inverting, just twisting the little knob back and forth to agitate. Of course, I used more than the recommended amount of developer (500ml instead of 475ml), yet still, I got this on several of my negatives. I don't know what this is all about. I didn't have this trouble with another roll of the same film also using Diafine. Or maybe it was the fixer? The stop (which was just water, as per the Diafine recommendation), Maybe a lack of stoppage? It happened on nearly half of the negatives, and sometimes on consecutive shots. Maybe something with the camera (though I haven't had this issue before)?

Hmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment