Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Whiteface Dave

I think this is my first Number One Party post of 2012!


If I only knew how to shoot a really pale guy with a flash at night in the first place, then I wouldn't have to learn how to photoshop down the whiteness after the fact.

I saw a near fistfight break out after the last act of Tosca last night at the Met. The Fuck Yous were flying with wild abandon, along all sorts of finger pointing (and no, none of it was directed at Roberto Alagna. Or perhaps somebody saw Luc Bondy or Peter Gelb and was letting them know how they fucked up an otherwise wonderful Franco Zefferelli production). I was shocked at such low behavior in such a high place. I thought that sort of vulgarity only happened at the New York City Opera, which is basically falling apart, and which is a very sad thing. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment