Friday, March 16, 2012

Times Square Station

From 1999-2001:



It seemed like forever they kept these things all uncovered, but now they're long gone, including the sign for Canarsie. I took a picture of that knowing that it probably wouldn't be exposed for long. The last time I heard anybody mention Canarsie I was watching The Honeymooners. But I guess it's comforting to know that underneath all the new veneer (well, "new" since the picture was taken), that the Canarsie sign is still there. Our whole history is just a layer underneath the surface.

Wow. What a shitty, pandering, cloying attempt at being "profound."

I stink. In other news, I got some sleep last night. I'm sure you were wondering. I'm feeling pretty tired right now as a matter of fact.

I'll shut up while the shutting's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment