Saturday, February 12, 2011

Stroller Stroll

I was trying to figure out how to work Shirley Stoler into this, but I don't think it'll work:


I'm watching the Wizard of Oz again, and I've been wondering what life was like in Munchkinland before the house fell on the Wicked Witch of the East. It seemed pretty well appointed for a people living in a state of oppression. I mean, the place would have looked like East Berlin. And what about the mayor? Was he elected by the munchkins or was he a puppet for the Wicked Witch of the East. Wouldn't they have ousted him the moment the house fell on her? Wouldn't he be hanging from his heels in the town square like Mussolini (and with his mistress as well perhaps) after they got him after some "spider hole" (notice how that term hasn't been used since they got Saddam?)?

And don't get me started on that Glinda. I got issues with her, but they'll have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment