Thursday, March 31, 2011

Jutting Out

Into the frame:


It's been a while since I've dumped a Flatiorn on the viewing public. So dumped I have.

Saturday is stupid day.

On Saturday at 3pm in Union Square Park, thousands of mid-20somethings to early 30somethings will gather to have a pillow fight (and similar events will be happening around the world at 3pm local time). I guess this is some gambit to recover their lost youth. These are the same people who are playing kickball as adults. Then again, I'm not sure they're trying to recover their lost youth, rather than being unwilling to relinquish it. These are the same people who use film cameras to be ironic. I have mixed feelings about that. And of course, there are the mustache waxers who I truly hate. Though I don't think they're going to be at the giant pillow fight, god forbid their carefully sculpted facial hair gets knocked askew. But now I'm just going off on an anti-hipster tangent. Yes, I realize this isn't the most focused, anti-giant pillow fight entry.

If I had any gumption I'd show up to the pillow fight with a cue ball in a tube sock. Who says "harmless" fun can't be harmful...

No comments:

Post a Comment