Thursday, September 8, 2011

Name Forgotten (V)


I was walking down Varick and saw him putting some people and luggage going into a van. They were going to Switzerland for work (I didn't ask the nature of their work). He told me he had a Rolleiflex (or maybe he didn't?), and also had a Mamiya tlr (those things are beasts). I asked him his name, and as I walked away I already knew I had forgotten it. I felt a little uncomfortable talking with him. I mean, I've had so many conversations with people who say, "I used to shoot one of those, but now I'm all digital, blah blah blah..." I just never know what to say in those situations.

I'll say something like, "well, that's fine. I'm not running down digital or anything, but I like doing this," as my voice trails off and then we're just looking at each other with nothing much else to say. I wished him well and went on my way before that exchange could happen. Maybe that's why I forgot his name, I just wanted to avoid the whole situation. I mean, it's not like he wasn't nice. You've probably noticed that with just about every person's picture I post I'll say that they were "nice." Well, if they're going to let a total stranger such as myself take their picture, of course they were at least nice enough to allow me that indulgence, so I'll say they're nice by gum.

IN THE "I CANNOT TELL A LIE" DEPARTMENT:
I wasn't happy with the focus on this one. I was surprised to see that it was softer than I had anticipated. So....maybe I did use some "unsharp mask." I know I've said it before, but I don't know why something would be called "unsharp" when it makes everything sharper. I'm only left to assume Adobe is headquartered on Bizzaro World.

Wow, I broke my two day streak of Star Wars references. Well, nobody's perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment