Monday, April 5, 2010

Caitlin


I don't even know where to begin.

When I told Kaitlin that her shot was the last one in the camera, I had no idea it would turn out like this. Sometimes with the YashMat this just happens. Every so often those last shots get cut off in the middle. Now I don't know if it's because I got a short strip of film on the roll, or maybe I didn't quite correctly line up the start arrows on the back of the film with the registration arrows on the back of the camera, or just plumb forgot to do it before closing the back and winding the thing to the first shot...you know, I think that might be it.

I was all ready to write about the encounter with Kaitlin, about how she saw my camera, about how she agreed to a shot, about how she's a photographer, and about how she gave me a card and I was planning on having a link to it but I've somehow managed to misplace the card. Hell, I was feeling douchy enough already before I saw what developed.

Not only is it her lower half, but she's got the indignity of the impression of a clamp bisecting her torso. Maybe I should have just said I was doing a portrait of people's knees. No, a high art project, taking photographs of the lower halves of other photographers that just happen to see my camera and are compelled to say something to me about it.

Is anybody buying that out there in tvland?

Oh fiddlesticks.

IN COMPLETELY UNRELATED NEWS OF MY OWN INEPTITUDE:
An apology to Felix Morelo.

If you're reading this...well...I want to thank you again for letting me take your picture. I was really looking forward to seeing how they came out. Well...I think I left the lens cap on, since there weren't any images on the film.

You were really gracious, and I hope to run into you again so I can (if you're willing to allow me to) correct my mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment