Tuesday, June 29, 2010

St. Vincent's Graffiti

"My children's lives were saved here, Best friends children were born here, Best friend died here."

I'm not sure that last one I'd consider a fond memory of a closed institution, but who am I to argue with how one chooses to remember a place that is no more:


I was by the former St. Vincent's today. They've since removed the signs and painted the wood a dark green. Or it might actually be a dark brown. I can't tell because I'm color blind. Maybe I should just say that they painted it some dark color that isn't black and we'll leave it at that. So ends the NYC tradition of the spontaneous memorial, until the disgruntled locals get out and start all over again...

1 comment:

  1. like the man in the commercial said, "they can bail out and save the banks, but not the hospitals...."
    very sad.

    ReplyDelete