Saturday, June 12, 2010

West Village Graffiti

Way over west, on the side of a wall of a meat joint on Ganesvoort (I'm pretty sure it was Ganesvoort):


I think that $1,000,000 bill in her mouth might be counterfeit. Unless, you know, it's like part of the art to have an authentic $1,000,000 bill on the side of the wall there. You know how artists are with their whole connection thing and all that other bullshit that you read in artists' statements. I hate artists' statements. Here's my statement: I TAKE PICTURES. I'm not trying to decontextualize recontextualize metacontextualize or any other of those words that I'd only hear spoken by the kids at Columbia who came off sounding like they wanted to come off sounding smart in a sea of all smart people. I take pictures. That sums up what I do with a camera. I'm not trying to claim to be anything more than I am, just some jerk with a camera pointing it at things and people.

THE UPDATE YOU WERE NOT WANTING BUT ARE GOING TO GET ANYWAY:
It's over Johnny.

I think I really mean it this time. The goddamned thing just won't scan. Hell, it won't even give me a shitty scan. It just...sigh.

It's time for me and the ScanJet G4050 to move on.

And no, this isn't going to be like those breakup cycles where the couple keeps on breaking up and getting back together and being addicted to the pattern of the angersadnessjoy of repeatedly getting together and breaking apart...I'm moving on.

I must be brave.
I must be brave.

I am every woman.
Neither one of us wants to be the first to say goodbye.
You put the lime in the coconut and drink it all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment