Sunday, June 26, 2011

Diving Diptych

I couldn't decide which one to put up, so why not both?


He was well dressed for the occasion, that being one of thrusting his hand into the garbage to find anything he could drink. But I'm always happy to get dressed up for drinks before dinner too. That is, if I had drinks before dinner, or if I even drank. What am I talking about?

Oh, today I went out and shot gay people. I mean, I went to the gay pride parade and took photographs. It was a gay old time (I'm sorry, I couldn't resist). Every year it's a joyous day, but I don't know if it was me putting something on the occasion, but it seemed everyone was a bit extra happy to be out (as it were). You know, the whole gay marriage thing that went down (that one I didn't even plan) on Friday night. I actually felt a little emotional seeing everybody so happy. No, that's me actually being serious. Most years I go to the parade and shoot, people watch, and wander around. But today it just had more gravitas. It was real, and I felt it. At least I think I felt it. I'd like to think I sensed something more special in the air. It's like 42 years after Stonewall, they have arrived.

Then again, they were always here.

No comments:

Post a Comment