Thursday, June 30, 2011

Pride Profile I


This is on Fifth Ave between 8th and Washington Square North. He couldn't help but smile when he saw me using the Rolleiflex. I think that's my favorite reaction, when people smile when they see that I'm using an old camera. He's a shooter too, but he (obviously) didn't have a camera with him that day. I didn't ask him his name. I didn't ask almost anybody's name of the portraits I took at the parade and surrounding environs.

This begins my series of portraits taken at the parade, which will then be followed by various scenes from that day. I was rolling with the big boys that day; The SWC (3 rolls, one in each back), The aforementioned Rolleiflex T, and the Zeiss Ikon Nettar. Looking at this picture, I'm also reminded that my color blindness isn't helping me much when it comes to adjusting the color in this picture (which I absolutely didn't touch). I know with VS 100 you have to work the blues, but with Provia 400 I have no idea what to work with. So, if my pictures look a bit too green, or brown, or red, or something (I can't tell green from brown, among other colors), feel free to point it out to me.

Or maybe this is exactly how it looked that day, just a few days ago, back when they all took to the streets having renamed themselves, "Cuomosexuals." I'm not sure that's going to take off, though I can see that term being used by some future opponent in a presidential race.

No comments:

Post a Comment