Monday, September 7, 2009

Cutting Corners and Making Demands (or lack thereof)


When I first saw her, she was leaning back with her legs up on the seat. I thought it was a great shot. When she saw me eyeing her, she sat up straight and said, "What are you taking pictures of?" we talked for some time after that, and once she commented on the YashMat, I asked for a photo.

"How would you like me," she asked, "I have notecards in my lap."

"That's okay, this is your photo, present yourself as you'd like," I responded, even though I really wanted to tell her to put her legs back up on the seat, but just couldn't pull the trigger on such a simple request.

As I backed up into the middle of the street to take the shot, I also knew that I didn't quite have it framed up as well as I'd have liked. But for some reason or another I took the picture anyway, knowing it wouldn't be one of my better attempts.

I really need to work on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment