Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Mary


I first met Mary three years ago, though it seems like I've known her for a much longer time. I don't mean that in a bad way.

On my last day of summer vacation, I saw Mary for the first time in a year and a half. We had lunch, caught up, sat in the park, and had dessert. It was a great way to end the summer.

You know, between a peaceful day of park and food, and Jimbo's chilled-out barbecue the day before, I couldn't have asked for a better two days.

I'm getting dangerously close to cliche territory here, so I'll post another picture of Mary from that day before I let one slip.


ADDENDUM:
After looking closer at these pictures, I'm not sure I like the quality of the scans, even though they're at a higher resolution and with supposedly "professional" software I downloaded because my old stock HP software wouldn't work with my fancy new computer. There's like this chunky blurry square thing going on. It's subtle, but it's there. Or maybe I should just really be getting to bed.

I'll fiddle around with this later.

ADDENDUM TO THE ADDENDUM:
I think I got this figured out. More passes by the scanner = more gooder. I'm still working out the details...

Okay, a comparison test. Here's today's scan:

Yeah, much better. See, I'm getting it!

No comments:

Post a Comment