Thursday, September 24, 2009

Shadow


Shadow was walking towards me on Avenue A and just as we were about to pass each other he pointed a finger at me and said, "Hey, take a picture."

I swung around and gave him a card.

"Are you a professional?" he asked.

"No, it's just something I like to do." As I lined up the shot, I tried making conversation. "So, do you live in the neighborhood, I asked." He said absolutely nothing. I really am a tool.

It's a funny thing about the YashMat. When people see it, they automatically assume that since you have such a "fancy" camera that you actually know what you're doing. I point, I shoot, I hope it comes out okay. I'm not completely ignorant of the "rules" of photography or the "how-tos," but I've got a ways to go. No doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment