Friday, May 13, 2011

Special Delivery Starring Sam (R) and Dave (L)


Yes, you saw their individual portraits, and here they are in living black and white broadcasting live from the Kong Off at Richie Knucklez' Arcade in Flemington, NJ.

What was the Kong Off you ask? It was a gathering of all the top Donkey Kong players in the country to determine who would hold the world's record high score. If you've seen The King of Kong, you know what I'm talking about, and the major players were there including Steve Wiebe, Billy "USA" Mitchell, and even Steve "He Shellacked Me" Sanders!

I had planned a more intricate account of the Kong Off, with an opening directly ripped off from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, but I wanted to get this post up today as quickly as possible. As I'm sure many of you have noticed, I did not post yesterday, thus breaking my unbroken streak of posting a picture a day since August 26, 2009. All I have to say is, that the internet isn't as reliable as it used to be. From 3pm yesterday (when I first started to attempt to post) to just now, Blogger was in read only mode. No posting was possible. Just think of all the millions of us who were waiting to pour out our feelings and fears and hopes and photos and were just chomping (or champing) at the bit for people to see what we have to say because we're such needy fucks yelling "LOVE ME" not unlike Stanley Moon, but it was not meant to be. But we're back now, as long as Blogger will allow us.

Then again, maybe I should look at it and think that it's not so bad that only one day in nearly two years Blogger was down. So maybe in another nearly two years from now I'll be making this very same post.

I'll also double up one day soon to make up for the lost day. God forbid you should be denied all this!

1 comment:

  1. In black & white, Sam looks like a young Larry Fine...

    ReplyDelete