Friday, May 6, 2011

Tom


I could easily write that Tom is an artist who sells his wares in Union Square Park, but he's much more than that. He might be one of the most interesting people you'll ever meet, and that I won't even attempt to describe here, since I'd never be able to do him justice. I will say that he is an artist that works in ceramics, though what he sells in the park are mosaic mirrors. Well, they're mirrors set in plaster into which he incorporates tiles, pieces of old English transferware plates, colored glass, and the like. He also makes collages out of cut up comic books. You'll have to trust me when I say that my description of his wares does not do them justice.

As for his other work, you can see it here.

So if you happen to happen upon Tom in Union Square, say hello. Support his enterprise. Or at the very least take the time to get to know him better. You'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment