Thursday, May 19, 2011

A Trip to the Past

Well, I developed the VP127 roll today that I got from that Kodak Bullet at the flea market (Diafine 5+5, 25.2c — room temp), and as I suspected, it did have images. And what do you know, here they are:


When I first saw this shot of a country road, I didn't think much of it until I looked a bit closer at that object far down the road. Here's a full sized crop:


A moose!

I don't blame the photographer for keeping his distance. I nearly got killed by a moose in 2003.

A Møøse once bit my sister ...

(don't let me down people)

So, with the moose out of the way, our mystery person reached their destination and took another photo:


A canoe! A canoe in water!

Not satisfied with capturing the scene from just one angle, our photographer moved over a few steps:


This canoe cannot be contained by just one photograph.

Well, this is where this trip ended. Later on the roll I found this:


If you can make anything out of this, please let me know.

Looking at it now, that looks like it could be a shadow of a person in that left hand shot. Perhaps standing in front of a curtained window. God, looking at this is like trying to analyze the Moorman Photo (I don't expect you all to get that one off the bat).

After having done this, it lets me know that I didn't foul my Diafine solutions, and now I'm wondering about the other two "exposed" rolls that I have. These are the ones that I bought loose with that V116 roll that was blank. Of the other rolls, one is a 620 Kodacolor (which I've developed successfully in b&w chems before, and the other one...that's the potential prize. It's an Autographic 116 roll. I've been fretting over how to develop this. I'm going with the Diafine. I know a lot of old film developers go with HC-110, but I've never had anything come out. There's too much guesswork with Ilfosol-3, so I think Diafine (developer for dummies) is the way to go. I'd love to take it out and see that I've developed a full Autographic roll, complete with handwritten notes impressed on the film! Though when I think of that empty V116 roll, I do get worried. I don't know when I'll take the plunge with the A116 roll. Mind you, Autographic film was discontinued in 1932. However, that doesn't mean the film I have was shot in 1932 or earlier. Hell, it may not have even been shot at all.

Though whatever happens (and I don't know when that will be), you'll be hearing about it (but of course!).

No comments:

Post a Comment