Saturday, April 16, 2011

Peace Love

I like this sort of thing:


The "and" and or maybe the "&" is implied.

With the clouds slung low and the skies about to burst, the drone of an airplane grew louder and louder until I wondered if it would ever stop, or if it would be the last thing I'd ever hear. I clutched a pillow on my couch, shaking, wondering if I should go to the window to see my possible destruction, or just sit there and wait for it to come to me. After what seemed like an eternity the mechanical whine faded into the distance, and the tension gripping my body began to relent, but I still put on the TV and waited to see if my regular programming would be interrupted by a special bulletin. It wasn't, and the wacky world of sports show on FOX went on as scheduled.

This happened just three hours ago, brought to you by the legacy of September 11th.

No comments:

Post a Comment