Friday, December 23, 2011

Davey Mac In Your Face!

With a microphone, no less!


Despite a bit of Unsharp Mask, this is still a little blurry. What I'd like to know, is how the fuck did OG photographers focus on people in low-lit indoor situations? I mean, it's pitch fucking black practically, and you're trying to get a read on someone maybe moving around a bit and you keep moving that lens in and out and it all looks like mush. HOW DID THEY DO IT? Tell me Weegee, how did you get all those great nightlife shots (He did more than just shoot dead people, you know). I mean, did those photogs just close down that aperture and then jam on the flash? You know, so you get that greater depth of field with a smaller aperture and have to compensate with a much brighter flash, but I'm assuming you knew that already.

I need to ouija Weegee and get the lowdown.

(you see what I did there, right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment