Thursday, December 22, 2011

Light and Ivy

They gots it all over this city!


Oh, and it's that time of the season again. Of course, I'm talking about Bachfest on WKCR. It's running from now until New Year's, and it's nothing but ol' JS 24/7. Right now they're banging out Von Karajan's Brandenburgs. I remember once in Tower Records I was perusing one of the Passions and had Von Karajan's version in my hand. One of the guys who worked there walked up to me and took it out of my hand and said, "This is overblown shit. Here's the one you want," and put a different version of the same Passion in my hand."

"This one is 36 dollars," I said, putting down the CD. I picked up the Von Karajan version and said, "This one is 12. Give me overblown and cheap."

You know, I feel like I already told this boring story on this blog before. I'm afraid to look, since I probably did.

Yecch.

No comments:

Post a Comment