Monday, December 20, 2010

Man and Baby

On an old roll of V116:


This was the only picture that was somewhat recognizable on the roll, though the most recognizable feature of this shot is the big stain left where the photo-flo decided to dry. And yes, I do squeegee my film (with my fingers). But even a photo-flo-free-film would not have improved this image much. But we can see a man, perhaps a father, with a baby, perhaps a baby. Perhaps his baby. They're kneeling in a patch of flowers. Well, he's kneeling, the baby is resting on his knee. The building in the background looks to be governmental. You can see the stones and pillars. Then again, it could be a university setting. Columbia has buildings with big sones and pillars. Maybe the baby is part of an "early enrollment" plan. You know, it might be one of those genius talking babies that you see in the commercials talking about making online trades. But superbaby or not, I'm glad I was able to get at least something off this roll. Maybe if I stare at this picture longer I'll find more clues as to where this may be, though I doubt it.

Maybe one of you recognizes this scene? I mean, I'm sure it would be obvious to someone familiar with the landscape, wherever it may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment