Monday, August 15, 2011

Fez


This is the lesser of the two crappy photos I took of Fez Whatley. For those of you who don't know, Fez is one half of Ron and Fez, who can be heard 11am-3pm weekdays on The Virus (Sirius 105, XM 206). I've been listening to Ron and Fez since they first came to NYC radio in February, 2000. But what can I say about Fez that hasn't been explored on the air? I can't offer any inside insight on the man, other than this was the second time I met him. The first time was outside the McGraw Hill Building right after he had put Dick Cavett in a cab following his Unmasked taping. It was cold, but I had to stop Fez for just a few seconds to tell him how big a fan I was. I even said something to the effect that I was having a "fan moment."

I was less gushy when I took this shot (at Molly's Cupcakes in NYC). I didn't want to bother Fez too much, so I just took two quick shots as this man dressed as a cupcake finished eating a cupcake (I'm not sure this counts as cannibalism), and then hung around shooting the rest of the days' festivities.

Fez, you're a great guy and I owe you a better picture. I hope I get the chance to take it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment