Monday, August 29, 2011

Rainbows at Her Feet,

Water jets at her hands:


Nope, no gold, just a girl playing in a fountain with two boys obviously much younger than her.

Today was move in day at NYU (pushed back a day due to the "natural disaster" that blew through yesterday). Soon I won't be able to walk a few steps without a young man or woman still sporting high school acne with a "Class of 2015" shirt. I'm not sure that old gag about how you get older and they stay the same age is really apropos. It seems like they get younger every year, even though I know they're still only 18.

I feel like I've written myself into a corner here. Or maybe I'm feeling just not fully clear-headed because my real lunch was hours ago and I've only had some ice cream since then. That might have something to do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment