Wednesday, November 16, 2011

La Lanterna

The Garden Is Open!


I'm not sure how much of a "garden" it really is, since it's completely glassed over and open year round. I'm not sure I've ever seen anything growing back there either, but I don't go there for the garden. I do go there for a little something every now and then. Maybe a dessert item, a chamomile tea, maybe even a sandwich with some kind of Italian deli meat and melted cheese, or maybe a salad with those giant thick slices of parmesan cheese forming some kind of Devil's Tower inspired structure over the arugula (You know, there are people that call arugula "rocket?" What the fuck is up with that?).

And this was also the first home of Mr. and Mrs. Pete Seeger. It was his mother in law's joint and after they got married they moved in. Living with your mother in law...no wonder he wrote protest songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment