Monday, January 25, 2010

Alyse


Alyse and Marc have been going out for a year, though this was the first occasion that I met her. Even though she's originally from here, she's been living in Philadelphia for 20 years doing printmaking stuff. At least that's what I think she said to me, I was way wiped out that day I met her. Though the Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies did help me a little bit, and she's the one who brought them. That's why I'm mentioning them now. I'm also very tired now, come to think of it. Where the hell's a Girl Scout when I need one?

I always liked the idea of dating a girl in Philly. It seems like it would be the perfect distance. It's far away enough so you can live your life and have time and space for yourself, yet it's not too far that you can't not see each other every weekend. It's less than a two hour drive, and probably even less than that on the train (I have no idea, I've never taken the train to Philadelphia). And it's even close enough if you have to get down there in a jiffy.

I wonder, how long is a "jiffy," if we're to assume that it's a measurement of time?

No comments:

Post a Comment