Thursday, January 28, 2010

Benjamin


Or was it just "Ben?" I don't remember. I do remember that he was Marc's cousin, and was down visiting from Boston to see our little show. He's in his early 20s, handsome (I mean, look at that nostril shot!), fit...He's at that perfect age, and a nice guy too.

I remember being somewhere between 23 and 25 (maybe I was 24. that's between 23 and 25) and thinking that I wanted to remain that age for the rest of my life. But I think I took it for granted. Somehow I get the impression that the younger generation ("younger generation?" How old am I exactly?) kind of knows that they're younger but doesn't lament it so much. Maybe they see it as something to be enjoyed and filled with activity.

When I turned 20, someone had labeled my demographic as "Generation X." There's a positive spin for you. I know I took it all for granted. Maybe we all did. Or maybe enough of us did to the point that the whole "Generation X" thing stuck. I never read the book. That was a book, right?

No, I wasn't a complete bum, but I wasted a lot of time. I've half-assed way too much in my life. Generation X indeed.

I think that's part of the reason why I've been doing this site (I hate calling it a "blog." I hate that word, but we'll table that for another post), to push myself. To keep with something that's been a positive experience for me. I don't mean the site itself, but this whole getting back into film photography has been extremely fulfilling, more than I was expecting.

I guess that and school have been the only things I haven't half-assed lately (though I seriously slacked with doing schoolwork today). I just have to keep adding to that list.

No comments:

Post a Comment