Monday, January 4, 2010

Shiny Sun Things

I could really be doing better. Funny, I've been on vacation now for nearly two weeks, and while I've been out a bunch, I really haven't gotten too many more people portraits. Maybe it has something to do with the weather. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I'm just getting over being sick, and didn't go out on New Year's Eve (which was my plan). It didn't help that today (well, tonight) I was supposed to go to a social gathering but instead got home in the afternoon and found my couch much more inviting. But at least the following shots are "new."

Didn't I say somewhere about not apologizing for this sort of thing?

Here's the Bowery, exciting and new!



I liked the tones of this one way more than the grayscale version.


This was on Broadway somewhere not too far above 17th. I like what's going on with the reflections up top. It's kind of like an argyle thing going on:


I'll eventually re-scan the upper part at a much higher resolution and see if I can't get a decent crop. Well, I can get a decent crop now, but I don't want it to be the size of a postcard.

Something smells like garbage in here, and it isn't my garbage. Yecch. In the meantime, I'm going to develop a roll of Kodak Verichrome that I shot today that expired sometime in the 50s (the expiration date was crossed out for some reason, maybe someone trying to sell it years ago), with the Nettar. If anything halfway decent comes through I'll post it (of course).

If you'd have told me last May that I'd be this way deep into this thing I'd....well, it probably would have made me happy.

Aw shucks, isn't that sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment