Sunday, January 31, 2010

Diptych and Triptych

These shots were from the day I tested out the Brownie Starmatic. It has a light meter that automatically adjusts the camera aperture, and mine was still working. Not bad for a 50 year old camera. I didn't plan these as dip/trip-tychs, they just sort of came out that way as I pivoted around and shot.



Maybe if I had planned this one a little, I'd have had the fountain edge lined up better in the right hand side shot.


I was happy to capture the snowball in mid-flight in the left hand shot, even if I didn't get the other party in the center shot. Like the diptych, I wasn't planning this out, I was just spinning right round baby right round while shooting. Though I think there's definitely more symmetry going on, especially with the pathway curving around the Mens room in the center. I'd like to think I've made it look just a little bit statelier here (I have no idea what I'm talking about).

I'd like to say I've never had to use the Mens room in Washington Square Park...

IN OTHER NEWS:
I dragged the YashMat 2EB out to a social function last night. Shot nearly two rolls, hopefully the results will find their way here. Well, of course they will, but I hope they're they engender, "I really like this shot," from me, instead of "I really screwed that one up."

Oh, I know you're all on pins and needles...

No comments:

Post a Comment