Friday, February 12, 2010

Amy


This was Amy's last full day in New York, before heading back to Alaska. I don't know how many shots I took with her with how many cameras, yet this was the only one that came out halfway decently for any number of reasons I won't list here.

I felt funny about taking her picture at this location. I don't mean funny ha ha, I mean funny like it wasn't right. I never liked the idea that it's become a tourist site. But do we not go to the USS Arizona and take pictures there, while over a thousand sailors are still entombed in the ship? Who wouldn't go to a city that's one of the biggest tourist spots in the world, and then visit a place of momentous history? They'll be coming once the memorial is built, so why shouldn't they come now? I don't know...It still doesn't seem entirely right to me. But enough about it already. Well, at least for one more paragraph.

I didn't want to take the picture, but it wasn't my picture not to take. Did that make sense? I think you know what I mean, right? I think I'm trying to say that it wasn't my place to refuse her request. I didn't say anything at the time. I guess I'm saying it now.

NOTES:
Taken with my Ansco Rediflex that I got in a junk shop somewhere in Tennessee back in 1995, and finally breathed some life into it for the first time this summer. I'm now also certain that this was my last Fuji Reala roll that I have. No more color negative film. Yecch. Slide or bust, baby. Slide or bust.

No comments:

Post a Comment