Monday, February 15, 2010

Faces From the Past

Remember yesterday when I said that I was going to say something and then decided not to bother? Well, here it is.

I was going to say that I developed a roll of Kodachrome II that came with a Kodak Pony 828 that I bought. I got the camera just because it came with the roll, and it's most valuable backing paper, which allows me to use my various Bantams (respooled with modern day 35mm, of course).

The roll pretty much came out all around. There were pictures showing summer and winter scenes. Either the people went on vacation, or the roll just hung around in the camera. I'm opting for the latter, since it hung around undeveloped until the other night.


I'm wondering if this isn't some kind of Memorial Day thing. The men on the right (especially the one on the left side of the right looking at the camera) seems to be wearing a uniform jacket. Or maybe he just has a napkin in his collar. Kodachrome II was discontinued in 1974, but I'm guessing this might have been taken slightly earlier, but not much. It would be hard to divine modern fashion from the older woman wearing the clear glasses. They do evoke a certain time and place, but she probably had been wearing those frames for some time already.

Either way, I didn't take this picture, but after all these years I got them out from under the tent and onto the internet. I would wager that more shots from this roll will be making their way to this site soon enough.

A NOTE ABOUT BEING PUSHY:
This is in regards to what I wrote yesterday about over-pushing my film. Well, it turns out that I spoke too soon. I actually didn't push it enough. So I'm going to have to push even harder to get something (hopefully) special. I'll have to push it good. I mean, I'll have to push it real good. And that last comment is actually somewhat apropos to the subject matter. But I'm not going to push it tonight. I'm pretty darned tired and that would just be pushing it. I think even doing schoolwork tonight would be pushing it. Or maybe that would be a stretch. Either way, I'm going to hunker down and watch Celebrity Fat Club on VH1, and get a good night's sleep so I can start pushing things around tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment