Thursday, February 4, 2010

Mykel and Friend (R-L)


Yes, that's Mykel on the right. If he looks festive it's because he's celebrating his 60th birthday. He was a busy boy that night, and I didn't get any single shots of him. Well, I didn't want to bug him as he was flitting all around, happy to have made it this far. Of the shots I took of him (with others), I think this is the best.

There's so much I can say about Mykel, though I would never do as good a job as Mykel does himself. He's been writing a column for MAXIMUMROCKNROLL for I don't know how long. He's also published a book or two, most notably this one, about teaching English in Mongolia for a year.

A friend of mine wrote a beautiful, personal tribute to Mykel that I had the privilege to read which outdoes anything I could write about him. You'll have to go without it, but trust me, it was very touching.

I know this doesn't help you much.

Mykel, I'll write a better entry on your 70th, I promise.

1 comment: