Friday, August 27, 2010

Fred Sanford, Is That You?

Oh, how I wish it really was:


I've pretty much stopped watching network tv. I have no interest in it. I've never seen Lost aka Gilligan's Island in the Fourth Dimension (I think that show should have had a guest spot by the Harlem Globetrotters. That would have jazzed it up a bit, and maybe would have gotten me as a viewer). I hear 30 Rock is good, but I don't care to invest any time to find out. I'm now watching the American Office, but only in reruns. It's okay, but doesn't approach the brilliance or the pathos of the original. Gervais and Merchant knew that two six-episode series and a Christmas special have way more power than running something into the ground.

That even happened to Sanford and Son, one of my favorite shows, though I guess we now all use the phrase "jump the shark." But we want what we like, our culture of excess.

The left ridicule Sarah Palin because they're scared of her. I don't think I've seen a nation of hipsters more scared of one woman. If I were a moose I might be scared. The more they protest and give voice to her actions the more powerful it makes her. Let her have her show on Discovery or TLC or wherever it is. Let her have an opinion on the "Ground Zero Mosque." Who gives a fuck. I'll be at home with Redd Foxx on the TV giving LaWanda Page what for:

I could stick your face in some dough and make some gorilla cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment