Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Coffee, Crossword, and a Pigeon on Your Shoulder.


This isn't quite in keeping with the project, but I've never let that stop me before. Now, if you've been following this blog, you know what's coming next....say it with me...."I'm sorry, I forgot your name!" It's already been a few weeks since I took the photo, and I don't remember if I even wrote her name down or not. But she actually wasn't the focus of my interest.

The gentleman in the background was communing with pigeons and squirrels, and I wanted to get a shot of him from where I was sitting on the bench. The woman next to me at first offered to get out of the way, but I said she could stay, at the very least it would add some foreground dynamism to the shot ("foreground dynamism?" what the hell am I talking about?). I said I didn't mind, as long as she didn't mind having her picture on the internet.

"He talks to them," she said. "He's even named them."

"Well, it's no crazier than talking to a pet, right?" I responded. "I have a pet iguana and I talk to him constantly."

Logic (or a professional pickup artist) would probably dictate that the male of the species does not mention that he talks to a male of another species within five minutes of meeting a female of the species that's the same species as the male who is doing the talking.

Then again, when the hell has logic had anything to do with the decisions I make (not all, but definitely some).

I did take two other shots, each of them with her hair in her face, yet the gentleman's face was clearer. I didn't think it necessary to post them. I'll stand by this one.

Ooh, what confidence! Where did that come from?

No comments:

Post a Comment