Thursday, December 31, 2009

Doris


She told me it was really a trip to have lived for so long. She didn't really use those words, but she can't really believe that she's actually been alive for 89 years. Born and bred in Brooklyn USA, now seeing out her twilight years in central Jersey, trying to keep as safely active as she can until she gets the call.

She told me that she's lousy when it comes to posing for candid pictures, so I should just shoot her while she was in conversation. I took only one roll, and for some reason this shot speaks to me. Even if it's not in perfect focus, or the best lit, there's just something about it for me.

This picture was taken at the end of the day, after spending it with her two children, their spouses, and her only grandchild, who she was nice enough to let take some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment