Monday, March 22, 2010

Enjoying the Show

I really dig this shot for a number of reasons. Before you say anything, yes, I know the band is a bit fuzzy, but that's because I was focusing on the little girl in the foreground. Well, I wasn't so much "focusing" as I was "rangefinding." On this day I was taking a new acquisition out for a test run, namely a Kodak Medalist. It's a pretty badass camera. From what I've read it was issued to naval officers in WWII (the big one). It weighs three pounds, so in a pinch it could be used in hand to hand combat. Or you can use it for less lethal purposes:


I also took a shot of this tree, not because I thought it had some kind of great artistic value, but I wanted to see how accurate the rangefinder on the camera was. I'd say it's pretty darn well calibrated:


I think this might have the best lens next to the Nettar, if not better. I'm looking forward to finding out.

No comments:

Post a Comment