Monday, March 8, 2010

The Limelight

Or the "Slimelight" as we used to call it back in the day (oh we were so clever!). I wasn't there for all of the Michael Alig nuttiness, it wasn't my scene. Though as the 90s trudged along there were some decent goings on there from time to time. Offhand, I can recall seeing FEAR, Sheer Terror, Iron Prostate, and Tesco Vee's Hate Police there (not all on the same night).

Oh yeah, the last time I was there a few years ago I saw The Cramps. It was a Motherfucker party, actually, the last one I went to, and I think one of the last ones that went down (so to speak).


At first I wasn't sure about this shot. Even as I took it I knew there'd be issues with the stark contrast, but I think when it's viewed at a larger size it definitely looks better. This was shot with the 4.5, and was my last shot of the day from that earlier post that I did in the subway, and then forgot to take the camera off the B setting...well, this was after I realized my error of non-adjustment.

Oh silly me.

No comments:

Post a Comment