Saturday, March 13, 2010

Same Shots, Different Camera

The posts from the last two days, I mean, the day I took those shots, I had three cameras with me. One was the Zeiss Ikon Nettar, from which the pictures posted were taken. The other was my Bantam 4.5 loaded with vintage Kodachrome II film. The reason you haven't seen any shots from the latter is because I tried developing it with HC-110 (with the CORRECT dilution this time), yet nothing came out. As an aside, I tried developing two found films in HC-110 (which is supposedly the "preferred" developer for that sort of thing), yet I got bupkis each time. Well, you know what they say, Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice don't fix it if it ain't broke, it's always darkest before the dawn, one day at a time, I'm a friend of Bill's, well not quite a friend but I know a guy who knows a guy that's sorta friendly with him..." What am I trying to say here? Oh yeah, screw HC-110 for found films, I'll go back to using Ilfosol 3. What does any of this have to do with today's pictures? Absolutely nothing. But oh yeah, here's where I was going with this...

The third camera I had out with me was an Ansco Flash Clipper. It takes 616 film. In fact, it came in the original box, with manual, and a roll of Ansco Plenachrome film that expired in April, 1950. I figured the only proper thing to do was to put the roll of film that came with the camera (presumably) through it. Wow. I'd like to think that I was the very first person to use this camera since it came off the line some 60 years ago.

But here are some of the scenes you've seen before, but taken with an old camera and old film. We remember that little kid that all the ladies loved, right:


And who could forget Archangel Michael:


And here's this third one. I can't really explain what the hell happened here other than that I'm really pleased with the result:


I think I might be some kind of idiot savant. Or maybe just one of those things. I'm not going to hazard a guess as to which.

No comments:

Post a Comment