Friday, March 26, 2010

The Fountain Crowd

So yesterday I picked up my newly overhauled Kodak Bantam Special. Actually, I guess you could call it more of a Frankenspecial. Whether I'll end up calling it that (a la "YashMat") I can't say. But basically I had the middle and rear elements of one transplanted into another. I think it worked out okay:


APROPOS OF NOTHING:
So today I found myself walking along the north side of 12th between forth and third (I think that's where I was), and came across this ultra-hip thrift store whose sole mission is to cure diabetes. I mean, I don't think they have a lab in the back or anything, I think it's more a front for diabetes research. I had never heard of the place until today, even though I found out they have been around for two years already.

They were having some sort of annual event, like a spring opening with a whole spread of dietetic goodies for the insulin-challenged, and all the while I could barely contain myself as I walked around with a cooler full of pudding.

No comments:

Post a Comment