Thursday, October 15, 2009

Meredith


I had parked myself next to Meredith and her friend Rachel (not shown, by her own choice. Though I do have some pictures of the both of you if you're interested — that is, if you're even reading this) in Union Square Park. I had just gotten a new focus screen on the Salyut and also picked up a 30mm fisheye lens and was doing tests in the park. She and Rachel had been giving a running commentary of backstories of various people going about their daily business à la Annie Hall. At some point Rachel asked me, "What kind of camera is that," and I was off and shooting.

Actually, I was off and babbling like the overtired boob that I was. I had taken a slew of pictures with the Salyut when I realized, "Oh, this roll already ran out." Then I pulled out the YashMat-2EB and started in with that.

The above shot was one of the few that I took with the Salyut. I wish I could have captured her eyes better. They were strikingly blue.

You know, the more I do this, the more I realize that maybe a class or two in photography wouldn't be such a bad idea. I'm not against the idea. I'm not one of those people who thinks that going to school to "learn" art somehow crushes the innate artistic instinct or anything. Though I could definitely use a brush-up on some of the more technical aspects. But my "regular" school schedule forbids that for the time being.

I'll just have to keep on keeping on over here, and hope I can learn from my failures and occasional successes.

ADDENDUM:
I just had to add this picture of Meredith tearing up the word of The Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment