Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Ceiling

This was a single shot of the ceiling that ended up making an accidental double exposure that I posted like over a week ago:



But let's get down to what we've all been waiting for...

So I performed some minor surgery on my scanner last night, but I don't think anybody is going to be mistaking me for Vince Edwards anytime soon. I couldn't get directly at the other side of the lid glass of the scanner, so I tried to blow the dust away as best I could. It turns out I sucked at blowing. Or maybe I should get one of those high-powered blowers and not the little hand dealy that I'm using now. That'll be the last gasp, my last ditch attempt before buying another scanner.

But in case you're wondering exactly what I'm talking about, I'll post some evidence. This pic was taken last summer, and posted pretty early on in this blog:


Now here's last night's scan of the same image:


Now if you hadn't seen the first one, the shmutz in question might barely have been noticeable. But what cinched it for me was a scan I did of a Brooklyn Bridge slide, and it was like the whole sky was filled with the crap. I deleted it in disgust, hence the lack of it being, "Exhibit B."

Oddly enough (or maybe not), the stuff is virtually invisible when I do black and white scans. I'm sure there's some explanation that I'm not quite ready to grasp, but I don't limit myself to just black and white pictures. But even then, in some of my black and white scans have some white spots on them and I'm guessing that might be the same dust.

Will this nonsense ever end?

ps: I couldn't help myself with the "OMG" and "WTF." Maybe I should have put a picture of a cat in there with a bunch of misspelled, phonetically spelled out words to further liven the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment