Thursday, May 27, 2010

Loans

It's good to see that there are still some old-style hockshops still hanging around NYC:


I looked inside but Rod Steiger was nowhere to be found. Speaking of movies...

Does it make me a hater that I'm reveling in the awful reviews of Sex and the City 2, Electric Boogaloo? It's not just that the reviews are negative, but the reviewers are really getting creative to describe what most of them agree is an affront to cinema, women, Islam, and anything that resembles good taste. Of course I'm not going to see the movie. I never even saw the first one and I refuse to watch it on cable, even though I did watch the series when it originally aired. Though I can always use the excuse that I was looking for myself onscreen.

I don't know if I've mentioned this in any of the 279 previous posts, but one of my former lives was doing extra work in films and TV shows. It was just background work, no lines or anything. God forbid you get a line and they have to pay you a bunch more than even a SAG extra makes. I mention this because I probably worked SATC more than any other production in town. And this is coming from someone who was kicked off the set the very first time he worked on the show! But I'll save that story for another time, or sooner if there's a demand.

Watching the show disgusted me, but I couldn't stop. Maybe I'm just one of those people that likes to imbibe in some self-induced aggravation every so often. Harmless enough, just watching a TV show for half an hour on a Sunday night.

And it's not like I can even say anything bad about the four stars. I never saw them engage in any true "diva" behavior, though it wasn't like they were hanging at craft with the rest of us bums. They all were nice enough, and that Kristen Davis I talked to a little bit when we had to do this thing where I was crossing the street walking next to her over and over again and she was pleasant alright. But still...I can't deny myself a chuckle or two when their blown-up faces pass me on a city bus and all I can think of is all the Photoshop work that had to be done on those gals trying to pass themselves off as something they're not. Then again, they're not the ones doing the passing, they're just picking up a paycheck and someone else is passing them.

Hell, the Real Housewives of (your town here) have more integrity, and a lesser budget for flattering lighting.

I should have some people up tomorrow. And yes, I know that there might be two very nice people I met on the street almost two weeks ago and had a very nice conversation with that just might be wondering where their pictures are. I have no excuses, I just haven't done them yet. But I'm so damned close!

You can always reach out and bother me. That's a good motivator.

"Reach out, reach out and touch someone..."

No comments:

Post a Comment