Friday, May 14, 2010

Playing Post Office

I took a picture at these rails before. There's something about this view that I just like:


You never realize how much of a creature of habit you really are until you start looking at a map of your neighborhood every time you leave the house. It's one thing to know that you literally have a routine, yet it's another thing to actually see it in black Sharpie lines. It's a reminder of how few of us actually take the time to force ourselves out of convention to see the world in a new light.

What the fuck kind of bullshit was that last sentence? "force ourselves out of convention to see the world in a new light?" Yecch.

But it's true. And it's not about going on lavish trips and seeing the world. Hell, I used to meet chicks and they'd say, "oh I've been here and there and blah blah blah...." I don't give a shit where you've been, I just want you to smile at me.

I know it's not possible for a lot of people to go outside their routine. I don't mean like some kind of mental not possible, but out of necessity. People are busting their asses to get by and can't take the time to wander around and mark streets off on a map.

My god. Have I just written a long form version of taking time to stop and smell the roses?

Double yecch.

No comments:

Post a Comment