Monday, November 23, 2009

Amy


Here's another trip down memory lane, in lieu of more current material.

Amy's full name was Amy Grumpie. I don't think that really was her last name, but she played in a band called "The Grumpies," so that might have something to do with it. This was taken in the summer of 1999, during the Recess Records Tour. This was in a backyard somewhere in Texas. Maybe somewhere outside of Dallas? We were offered a place to stay and...well...even for a bunch of punks, it was just more sanitary for us to crash outside than be indoors.

This was the next morning, I'm pretty sure. Who doesn't have a Coke first thing in the morning when they're on the road?

I always liked this picture. Amy was really nice, too (yes, "nice" sure tells you a lot about a person...). I haven't seen her, or a lot of the people...no, not a lot, but definitely some...a few, at least...well, some of the people from that 1999 Recess Records Summer Tour I haven't seen since.

Again...I just always really liked this shot.

IN OTHER NEWS...
Okay, so I'm thinking that Wednesday is going to be the day for new material around here, assuming I can my procrastinating ass to the film developing joint.

No, I'll have to, since they'll probably be closed on Thursday, and I don't want to delay this any more than you.

No comments:

Post a Comment