Monday, November 30, 2009

Tim


I've known Tim I think for about five years, just about. I first met him through Maria. They worked together at her day job, at a place that books bands into corporate functions, high-class bar-mitzvahs, and the occasional bris.

Tim's a good guy. He's also one of the few people I can discuss classical music with, since he's an oboe player (Oboist? Oboesexual?). No, like he went to graduate school (Ivy League no less!) for the oboe! That's two reeds, we're talking. Not one, but two, count 'em, two reeds, while I sit here before my computer completely reedless.

The occasion at which I saw him was a reunion of sorts of some of the people that used to work at or frequent the dump I've talked about in past posts, my home away from home dump. I'm glad he was there. It's always good to see you Tim.

NOTES:
As mentioned above, I got the chance to see some people, some of which I hadn't seen in a while. I was able to badger a few of them into having their picture taken. And unlike my past flash photographs, I actually brought a notebook with me and wrote down the settings after each shot, so maybe I can begin to figure out what the hell I'm doing with the darned thing instead of just hoping for the best, or even worse, telling myself, "Oh, I can remember the settings," and never being able to (which was the case until last night).

Here's to some kind of improvement in my night shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment