Sunday, July 18, 2010

DY-NO-MITE!

You could call him Al. Or maybe just Mrs. Nobel got to call him that. Either way, I bet she doesn't have a plaque:


I'm sure I could think up some sexist joke as to the reason why he invented dynamite, but I've done enough damage with offensive words for one month.

Long day today. I think I'm going to have a cream soda and vanilla ice cream float for dinner, followed by a viewing of the five hour long version of Das Boot. Because when I'm tired and full of ice cream and soda and wondering why my stomach is hurting and lamenting that I didn't get a "real" dinner, I want to be reading subtitles of a German movie.

"Ist this nicht das unterseeboot?"

"Ja! Das ist un unterseeboot!"

I apologize for mangling, if not destroying the German language, which is known for its lilting beauty and softness as it rolls off the tongue.

1 comment:

  1. intriguing you posted this - only yesterday did i finish recording/mixing down a song written about Nobel, the red horseman of the apocalypse, and the guilt he developed due to his invention. have a listen if you're interested:

    http://www.last.fm/music/The+Hollow+Kings/_/Nobel+Horseman

    ReplyDelete