Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Phase Two

No, I am not referring to the second album by The Jimmy Castor Bunch. Though now that I've mentioned them I can't get the song Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father) out of my head, but I don't consider that a bad thing since they bring it so damned hard. No, this is Phase Two of the renovation of Washington Square Park, taken about a month and a half ago. Or maybe it was two months ago:


I cleverly stuck the lens of the Nettar through a space in the chain link fence keeping us parkgoers safe from that statue of Garibaldi that somehow moved from its usual spot, though you can see a bit of fence link in the upper right hand corner.

I forgot if I've posted on this blog my discontent at the whole redoing of the park. I'm not saying it didn't need a sprucing up, but they didn't have to move the damned fountain 17 feet just so it would be in line with 5th ave. But now it's out of line with Thompson, which when you looked north from Thompson to the park, the fountain was lined up perfectly. At least they had the sense to fix it in two separate "phases," so the thing wouldn't be entirely closed, but they're saying that Phase Two (electric boogaloo) will be finished in the fall, just in time for summer to be over.

Okay, I'm running out of steam really fast right now...

à demain...

No comments:

Post a Comment