Thursday, July 1, 2010

In Harm's Way

No, John Wayne and Patricia Neal aren't in this shot, though there is a very young and scared boy who just fell down in the middle of the street pointing at the car just out of frame:


Even though they were walking with the light, I'm sure it was still somewhat terrifying to fall down in the middle of the street and getting yanked up so violently by the woman who's now trying to get her charges out of harm's way as quickly as possible.

I took this with the Yashmat, which among its many features is a fixed lens. So I took the liberty to do some cropping with the more dramatic elements of the image.

Here's the square format crop, keeping true to the 6x6 original:


I also went a bit more modern with a 7x5 crop:


I think rectangular works better for this one, though I still have to figure out what to do with the figure in blue on the left, since no matter where my left side border is, some part of her will be in the frame. For this I put in a little sliver of her just so it didn't seem like there was this disembodied arm in the shot. Or maybe that would have worked.

Maybe that's the problem with photography in the digital age....too many choices presenting themselves too easily to the user!

Decisions, decisions...

No comments:

Post a Comment